Billy Ringger joined Milberg in 2019, bringing extensive experience in the areas of complex civil litigation and appellate practice.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Ringger practiced with the Knoxville law firm, Butler, Vines & Babb, PLLC, where he built a strong reputation as a successful litigator and a skilled advocate. Mr. Ringger now represents plaintiffs in a wide range of complex civil matters, including environmental litigation, toxic torts, medical malpractice, civil rights actions, and whistleblower claims.
The son of a lawyer, Mr. Ringger is originally from Parsons, Tennessee, a small West Tennessee town near the Tennessee River. He moved to Knoxville in 2002 to attend the University of Tennessee as an undergraduate and quickly fell in love with the area. He later attended UT law school, where he was recognized for his skills in advocacy, receiving the Ogden and Sullivan Moot Court Brief Writing Award and the Susan B. Devitt National Moot Court Award for Written and Oral Advocacy.
After law school, Mr. Ringger served as judicial law clerk to then Chief Justice Sharon Lee of the Tennessee Supreme Court. He remained in this role for nearly two-and-a-half years, serving as Chief of Staff to the Chief Justice for much of that time. Through this experience, Mr. Ringger gained extensive knowledge of current and emerging Tennessee law and unique insight into the Tennessee judicial process.
Mr. Ringger is licensed to practice law in all state and federal courts in Tennessee and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. He is a member of the Knoxville and Tennessee Bar Associations and the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association. He currently serves on the executive committee of the TBA Tort and Insurance Law section and as Secretary of the KBA Professionalism Committee. Outside of his practice, Mr. Ringger enjoys spending time with his family and hiking in the East Tennessee mountains.
- J.D., University of Tennessee College of Law
- University of Tennessee
- State Courts of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- Ogden and Sullivan Moot Court Brief Writing Award
- Susan B. Devitt National Moot Court Award for Written and Oral Advocacy
- Tennessee Bar Association, Executive Committee of the Tort and Insurance Law Section
- Knoxville Bar Association, Secretary of the Professionalism Committee
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association