Mr. Weprin was one of the principal attorneys in the sales practice litigations against The New York Life Insurance Company, The New England Life Insurance Service Company, The Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, The John Hancock Mutual Life Insurance Company, and The Prudential Life Insurance Company which recovered billions of dollars for policyholders.
Previously, Mr. Weprin served as a law clerk to Judge Charles P. Sifton of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York and was associated with the law firm of Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz, where he specialized in commercial and securities litigation. He also served as general counsel to the New York State Housing Finance Agency and the New York State Medical Care Facilities Finance Agency, two agencies that issue tax-exempt bonds for financing nonprofit medical facilities and qualified housing projects.
Mr. Weprin is a frequent lecturer on complex litigation issues. He is also very active in his community of Mamaroneck, New York, having served as a Town Councilman and a member of the Zoning Board of Appeals. He is a former Vice President of the Institute for Law and Economic Policy (ILEP), former President of the National Association of Shareholder and Consumer Attorneys (NASCAT), and former Chair of the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- J.D., New York University, 1978
- M.P.A., Woodrow Wilson School of Princeton University, 1978
- A.B., Harvard University, 1974
- New York, 1979
- Super Lawyers, 2009-2011, 2013-2017, 2019-2022
- Institute for Law and Economic Policy (ILEP), former Vice President
- National Association of Shareholder and Consumer Attorneys (NASCAT), former President
- Mamaroneck, New York, former Town Councilman
- Mamaroneck, New York, former Chair of the Zoning Board of Appeals