Harper T. Segui is an experienced litigator who focuses her practice on representing plaintiffs in complex class action litigation, including defective products, false advertising and mislabeling, and data breaches.
Ms. Segui has actively lead a variety of complex cases across the country, and has been instrumental in procuring millions of dollars in recoveries for class members. In addition to individual class actions, Ms. Segui has enjoyed playing active roles in multi-district litigation and has been appointed several times by courts to serve on Plaintiffs’ Steering Committees. She has likewise been appointed as co-class counsel in a variety of cases, both locally and nationally.
Since 2013, Ms. Segui has been regularly selected to Super Lawyers as a Top-Rated Attorney in the areas of “Class Action & Mass Torts.” She has co-authored several publications on product liability and other topics, and has been a lecturer on complex legal issues.
This year, she was appointed as Co-Lead Counsel in In Re: Blackbaud, Inc., Customer Data Breach Litigation, 3:20-mn-02972-JMC, MDL No. 2972 (D.S.C.), and In Re: All-Clad Metalcrafters, LLC, Cookware Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, 2:21-mc-491-NR, MDL No. 2988 (W.D. Pa.).
- J.D., Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, 2006
- B.A., University of Central Florida, 2003
- State Bar of Georgia, 2006
- State Bar of South Carolina, 2008
- District Court of South Carolina, 2010
- Northern District of Georgia, 2018
- Middle District of Georgia, 2019
- Northern District of Illinois, 2021
- Thomson Reuters Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2013-2014, 2016-2021
- Berkeley Research Group's First Annual Class Action Litigation Conference, “Emerging Issues in Class Action Litigation Arising Out of Data Privacy and Security," Speaker, Jan. 2021
- American Association for Justice
- The Public Justice Foundation
- Sedona Conference