Mark E. Silvey is a Senior Partner at Milberg taking the role of lead attorney and primary litigator in many of the firm’s complex litigation cases. During his thirty-four years of practice, he served as lead counsel in more than 100 jury trials, 75 bench trials, and numerous appellate cases in virtually all types of civil practice areas in federal and state courts.
A native of Knoxville, Tennessee, Mr. Silvey grew up in the Halls community, with family ties going back several generations. He received a bachelor’s degree in History from the University of Tennessee in 1984 with a concentration in Medieval Japan, the Holy Roman Empire, and the 19th and Early 20th Century United States. Mr. Silvey also received his law degree from the University of Tennessee where, as a member of the National Trial Team, he received recognition as an Outstanding Clinic Student.
After graduation, Mr. Silvey worked at Wilson, Worley, Gamble & Ward, PC in Kingsport, Tennessee, representing hospital, railroad, industrial, and medical clients, among many others. Mark founded the Knoxville-based law firm of Bosch, Silvey & Lusk, PC in 1991. He handled all types of litigation for the firm, including domestic relations, personal injury, business, real estate, and federal criminal matters. Mr. Silvey relocated to Atlanta in 1997 to serve as an in-house attorney for State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and Travelers Indemnity Company. In 2006, he returned to Knoxville to open a new in-house office for Travelers. In 2010, Mark returned to private practice at Greg Coleman Law, handling class action and other complex litigation.
Mr. Silvey’s interests include the traditional Japanese martial arts of kendo and aikido, military history and technology, international travel, and photography. A percussionist since age nine with wide-ranging experience, he currently acts as the legal advisor to TheMarchingRoundtable.com and Marching Arts Education.
- J.D., University of Tennessee, 1988
- B.A., University of Tennessee, 1984
- Georgia, 1996
- Tennessee, 1988
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia