Robert A. Mosier is a trial lawyer and the managing attorney of Milberg’s Los Angeles office.
Mr. Mosier graduated with honors from the Thomas Jefferson School of Law in 1992, receiving both a Bachelor of Science in Law and Juris Doctorate degrees. Following law school, Mr. Mosier accepted a position at a small boutique law firm representing plaintiffs in diverse areas of law including patent and trademark infringement, eminent domain, and business torts. He quickly rose to lead trial counsel.
In 1996, Mr. Mosier accepted a position at one of California’s preeminent medical malpractice defense firms. Mr. Mosier represented hospitals, physicians and medical providers accused of malpractice and medical license violations. During his tenure as a defense attorney, Mr. Mosier gained invaluable insight and education into the practice of medicine, health care and medical insurance issues. Mr. Mosier served as liaison counsel for the Orange County Medical Association/Orange County Bar Association committee and was frequently invited to speak to hospitals and their staffs on medical/legal issues affecting doctor-patient care.
In 2000, Mr. Mosier left the defense practice becoming the managing partner of McGregor & Mosier, a law firm solely dedicated to representing the rights of plaintiffs. For the next decade, Mr. Mosier represented plaintiffs in medical malpractice, brain injury, birth injury and other significant injury matters through trial. Mr. Mosier obtained numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements, including the largest settlement of its kind against a California public transportation company. Mr. Mosier also represented victims involved in unique injury and death cases including hot air balloon crashes, trucking deaths, and molestation cases. Mr. Mosier also prosecuted diverse appellate court issues, obtaining published opinions in the areas of constitutional law, separation of court jurisdiction and dischargeability of intentional tort claims.
In 2004, Mr. Mosier became licensed to practice law in the State of Arizona, where he continued his representation of patients who suffered severe injuries from health care providers. Mr. Mosier’s practice expanded to include actions against major pharmaceutical and medical device companies. In 2013, Mr. Mosier accepted the position of trial counsel and managing attorney of Sanders Viener Grossman, LLP’s California office.
In addition to being licensed to practice law in California, New York, and Arizona, Mr. Mosier is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States of America, Ninth District Court of Appeals, U.S. District Court of Arizona, U.S. District Court of California for the Central and Southern Districts, U.S. District Court of New York for the Southern District, and the U.S. District Court of Pennsylvania for the Eastern District.
Mr. Mosier has been recognized as an AV Preeminent Attorney by Martindale Hubble since 2002, a Top 100 Attorney by National Trial Lawyers, a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and an Arizona Top Rated Attorney by Top Trial Lawyers in America. He is a current member of the American Association for Justice Leaders Forum, a member of the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, and a former Board of Director Member of the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Mosier is also a speaker at national legal conventions on various issues involving mass tort litigation.
Notable Cases and Leadership Roles
Mr. Mosier’s practice is almost exclusively focused on representing plaintiffs harmed by large pharmaceutical and medical device companies:
- Represents clients injured by Granuflo, Tylenol, Risperdal, Medtronic Infuse, Reglan, Crestor, Pain Pumps, Transvaginal Mesh, DePuy ASR and Pinnacle Hips, Januvia, Byetta and Yaz
- Co-Lead Counsel, Risperdal and Invega Product Liability Cases JCCP 4775 litigation
- Plaintiff’s Liaison Counsel, In re Infusion Pain Pump JCCP 4615 litigation
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, In Re Incretin Mimetics Product Liability Litigation MDL 2452
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, In Re Zoloft Birth Defect Cases JCCP4771
- Science Committee, In re Fresenius Granuflo/Naturalyte Dialysate Products MDL 2428
- J.D., Thomas Jefferson School of Law, 1992
- B.A., Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Ninth District Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court of Arizona
- U.S. District Court of California for the Central District
- U.S. District Court of California for the Southern District
- U.S. District Court of New York for the Southern District
- U.S. District Court of Pennsylvania for the Eastern District
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Attorney
- Martindale Hubble, AV Preeminent Attorney rating
- Top Trial Lawyers in America, Arizona Top Rated Attorney
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- American Association for Justice Leaders Forum, Member
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, former Board of Director Member