Thomas Pacheco is a Milberg Senior Associate through the Raleigh office location. Mr. Pacheco became a part of Milberg’s team to maximize his skills and transition to a practice area where he could pursue his beliefs and passion.
He has always had an interest in consumer protection work, understanding the importance for consumers to have fierce advocates who hold corporations accountable while fighting to compensate victims who have been misled. With this motivation, he has stepped into Milberg’s class action group, focusing primarily on consumer products and consumer protection.
After law school, Mr. Pacheco spent one year clerking at the Court of Appeals of Maryland in Annapolis, Maryland. He went on to work for a national litigation practice where he practiced franchise law for three years, handling complex commercial disputes with issues ranging from breach of contract, business torts, and enforcement of non-compete agreements to various federal, state statutory, and regulatory violations. His cases were also in various dispute venues: before state and federal judges, regulatory agencies, and in arbitration.
Outside the office, Mr. Pacheco continues to pursue his law ambition. A former Projects Committee member with the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance, he now serves as Co-chair of the Lawyers’ Alliance for the Public Justice Center (PJC), a volunteer arm that promotes PJC to find synergies between firms and their center. He also sits on the Public Justice Center’s Board of Directors.
Aside from all things law, he enjoys long-distance running, cheering on Baltimore sports teams, and volunteering with local high school and college policy debate teams as a judge on the weekends. Most of his free time is spent playing with his young son and two dogs.
- J.D., University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, cum laude, 2017
- B.A., University of Mary Washington, magna cum laude, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2023
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2021
- U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Tennessee, 2020
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 2018
- Court of Appeals of Maryland, 2017
- Public Justice Center, Board of Directors, 2023-Present
- Public Justice Center, Lawyers' Alliance, 2019-Present
- Law Firm Antiracism Alliance, 2020-2021