Arthur Stock is a Partner at Milberg with 30 years of litigation experience. Throughout his career, Mr. Stock has represented plaintiffs in antitrust, commercial, financial, securities, and consumer class actions.
Prior to joining Milberg, Mr. Stock was a principal litigator in numerous class actions, including: Merrill Lynch Inc. Securities Litigation (S.D.N.Y.), which resulted in a $475 million settlement on behalf of investors in Merrill Lynch securities; Lee v. Enterprise Leasing Co. (D. Nev.), in which class members recovered 80% of damages from allegedly illegal charges regarding Nevada airport car rentals; and Vasco v. PHRG, where class members recovered $5.2 million from a business that allegedly placed telemarketing calls to consumers without prior express consent.
Mr. Stock is a graduate of Yale University (B.A. with distinction in economics) and the Duke University School of Law (J.D. with high honors), where he served as Articles Editor of the Duke Law Journal. Before entering private practice, he served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Jackson L. Kiser, United States District Court of the Western District of Virginia.
Mr. Stock is admitted to practice law in New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, the Seventh and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeal, United States Tax Court, and numerous federal district courts.
Mr. Stock’s recent class action settlements include:
- Parry v. Farmers Insurance, Los Angeles County Super. Ct. (2022) – $90 million settlement for class of insurance agents for unreimbursed business expenses
- Glascock v. Serco, Inc., (E.D. Va. 2021) – $1.2 million settlement for class of pension fund participants
- White v. Members 1st Federal Credit Union (M.D. Pa. 2020) – $1.08 million settlement for class of individuals charged bank overdraft fees
Mr. Stock’s Representative Reported Decisions include:
- Lussoro v. Ocean Financial Federal Credit Union, 456 F. Supp. 3d 474 (E.D.N.Y. 2020) – sustaining Complaint in class action alleging unlawful overdraft charges by credit union
- Richardson v. Verde Energy USA, Inc., 354 F.Supp.3d 639 (E.D. Pa. 2018), and 2016 WL 7380708 (E.D. Pa. Dec. 19, 2016) – sustaining Complaint and partially denying summary judgment in class action against alleged robocaller
- Chapman v. Tristar Products, Inc., 2018 WL 4203533 (N.D. Ohio Sept. 14, 2018), and 2018 WL 3752228 (N.D. Ohio Aug. 3, 2018), and 2017 WL 1433259 (N.D. Ohio April 24, 2017) – granting class certification, approving extended warranty and coupon settlement, and denying intervention to non-party objecting to settlement, in consumer class action for allegedly defective pressure cookers
- Vasco v. PHRG, 2016 WL 5930876 (E.D. Pa. Oct. 12, 2016) – approving settlement and attorney fee award in class action against alleged robocaller
- Lee v. Enterprise Leasing Co.-West, 2015 WL 2345540 (D. Nev. May 15, 2015), and 300 F.R.D. 466 (D. Nev. 2014), and 30 F.Supp.3d 1002 (D. Nev. 2014) – granting plaintiffs’ motions for summary judgment, class certification, and approval of settlement, in consumer class action alleging overcharges on airport car rentals
Mr. Stock’s antitrust experience includes:
- In re Interior Molded Doors Indirect Purchasers Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Va.)
- In re Modafinil Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Pa.)
- In re Skelaxin (Metaxalone) Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Tenn.)
- B.A., Yale University
- J.D., Duke University School of Law
- State Courts of New Jersey
- State Courts of North Carolina
- State Courts of Pennsylvania
- State Courts of Tennessee
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Tax Court