Jarret Raab is an experienced and accomplished attorney with a track record of success in high-stakes litigation. He is a creative, trusted and tireless advocate who specializes in representing business owners in complex commercial disputes involving fraud, anticompetitive practices, and business torts. Mr. Raab also focuses his practice on protecting consumers against unfair, illegal and discriminatory practices by large financial institutions, insurance companies and other “big business.”
Prior to joining Milberg, Mr. Raab was a partner at several nationally recognized firms where he litigated extensively on both the plaintiff and defense sides focusing on consumer fraud, financial services litigation, insurance coverage disputes, as well as contentious business divorces. He also has years of experience defending large, international corporations in high-profile cases involving product defects and catastrophic personal injuries. Indeed, it was his up-close view of corporate America’s quest for maximizing profits above all else that eventually led to him joining Milberg, where he now has the opportunity to help level the playing field on behalf of individuals and small businesses.
When he is not litigating for the underdog, Mr. Raab is an active member of the community and has served on the board of the Anti-Defamation League. In addition to spending time with his wife, Kristen, and his two children, he enjoys the outdoors, as well as music and traveling. He is an avid fan of the Georgia Bulldogs and other professional Atlanta sports teams.
Notable Cases and Legal Achievements
- Prosecuted multi-district litigation on behalf of a leading financial institution against various investment firms and equipment financing companies arising from a $189 million fraudulent scheme to invest in a participated loan to a bottling manufacturer
- Prosecuted fraudulent transfer actions on behalf of court appointed equity receiver of a leading commodities broker that had defrauded investors out of more than $215 million
- Litigated on behalf of a chemical distributor in well-publicized, pharmaceutical litigation brought on behalf of autistic children arising from the alleged link between pediatric vaccines and autism
- Defended multinational manufacturer of power supplies in $15 million product defect case against one of the world’s leading telecommunication companies
- Represented escrow company in multi-million dollar class action suit for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty resulting from alleged misappropriation of tax payments and prosecuted related professional negligence claim against insurance broker arising from broker’s failure to procure appropriate insurance coverage
- Prosecuted breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims against managing partner of commercial real estate venture as a result of self-dealing and defended minority owners in related litigation brought by secured lender claiming interest in $12 million partnership distribution following sale of company’s real estate holdings
- Prosecuted securities fraud claim on behalf of investors against mutual fund and investment broker
Mr. Raab has authored articles in several nationally recognized legal publications, including:
- The Federal Lawyer
- Federal Bar Association SideBar Magazine
- Loyola Law Journal
- Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy