Mr. Jimmy Mintz began practicing law in 2014 and currently serves as Senior Counsel to the Milberg firm.
At present, Mr. Mintz focuses on litigation relating to the Medicare Secondary Payer Act. This project spans multiple jurisdictions and seeks recovery of monies owed to Medicare by private insurers. Mr. Mintz was drawn to this work by the chance to work on the plaintiff’s side to recover funds that will ultimately benefit taxpayers.
Prior to joining Milberg, Mr. Mintz worked in a boutique firm on a variety of high stakes, complex commercial litigation. One of the focuses was fiduciary litigation, including disputes over trusts, ERISA plans, and corporate management. Among the largest matters was a private trust dispute seeking hundreds of millions of dollars for investment management. Mr. Mintz’s other experience includes non-compete and trade secrete litigation, disputes between healthcare providers and insurers, class arbitration, mass tort defense, and litigation arising from a Ponzi scheme.
In his past cases, Mr. Mintz was part of a team that obtained favorable results for business clients at a two-week jury trial and a non-binding arbitration. At the appellate level, Mr. Mintz has authored successful briefs before the Florida Third District Court of Appeal.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2014
- B.S., University of Central Florida, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2015
- Florida, 2014
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2020-2023
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Commercial Litigation), 2021
- Florida Bar: Business Law, Health Law, and Young Lawyers Sections, Member