Mark Sigmon knows that big companies have powerful and skilled lawyers, but plaintiffs deserve the same— and that drives Mr. Sigmon to win.
A Milberg Partner, Mr. Sigmon graduated summa cum laude, ranked first in his class, from Duke Law School. After law school, he clerked on the Fifth Circuit for two years. He started his career at a large defense firm and moved on to a business litigation boutique.
In 2016, Mr. Sigmon founded his own firm, focusing on plaintiffs’ work of all types, particularly work on dispositive issues and appeals. That same year, he began working closely with Milberg’s own Matt Lee, Dan Bryson, and others; after working with that team for so long, it only made sense that he join Milberg.
Mr. Sigmon has learned that each case is, at heart, a story. It is his passion to take complex facts and law and distill them down into a simple essence, allowing any judge or jury to easily understand what that story is. He uses this pragmatic yet intellectual approach to work on appeals and dispositive motions, but also to work on all parts of a case, from the initial investigation through trial.
Mr. Sigmon has been certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in appellate practice. He has been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Super Lawyer and one of the Top 100 Lawyers of North Carolina, he is Martindale-Hubbell “AV Preeminent” Rated (the highest rating), and he is listed in Business North Carolina Magazine’s Legal Elite.
Outside the office, he enjoys exploring downtown Raleigh and riding bikes around the city with his wife, Jen, and their two children, Fred (7) and Imogene (3). He and his wife love watching their kids get involved in soccer and other activities but Mr. Sigmon’s big push is model rocketry.
- J.D., Duke Law School, summa cum laude, 2005
- B.A. Physics, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, highest distinction, 2000
- Clerkship, The Hon. Patrick E. Higginbotham, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2005-2007
- United States Supreme Court
- New York State Courts
- North Carolina State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Courts around the country
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV Preeminent" Rated Member
- Super Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers of North Carolina
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2017-2024
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2012-2016
- North Carolina’s Legal Elite, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2024
- Criminal Justice Act Panel Attorney, Fourth Circuit