Mark Sigmon graduated summa cum laude, ranked first in his class, from Duke Law School. After law school, he clerked on the Fifth Circuit for two years. Mark has learned that each case is, at heart, a story. It is his passion to take complex facts and law and distill them down into a simple essence, allowing any judge or jury to easily understand what that story is.
Mark uses this pragmatic, yet intellectual, approach to work on appeals and dispositive motions, but also to work on all parts of a case, from the initial investigation through trial. He knows that big companies have powerful and skilled lawyers, but plaintiffs deserve the same—and that drives Mark to win.
Mark started his career at a large defense firm and then at a business litigation boutique. In 2016, Mark founded his own firm, focusing on plaintiffs’ work of all types, and particularly work on dispositive issues and appeals. That same year, Mark began working closely with Milberg’s own Matt Lee, Dan Bryson, and others; after working with that team for so long, it only made sense that he join Milberg.
Mark has been certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in appellate practice.
Outside the office, Mark enjoys exploring downtown Raleigh and riding bikes around the city with his wife, Jen, and their two children, Fred (7) and Imogene (3). Mark and Jen love watching their kids get involved in soccer and other activities, but Mark’s big push? Model rocketry.
- J.D., Duke Law School, 2005
- B.A., The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2000
- Clerkship , The Hon. Patrick E. Higginbotham, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2005-2007
- United States Supreme Court,
- New York state courts,
- North Carolina state courts,
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit,
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit,
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit,
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit,
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit,
- U.S. District Courts around the country,
- Martindale-Hubell AV-rated (Preeminent)
- North Carolina Super Lawyer (and on that publication’s list of the Top 100 Lawyers in North Carolina)
- Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite
- Criminal Justice Act Panel Attorney, Fourth Circuit