Mr. Adam Edwards is a Partner at Milberg and acts as a group leader for Consumer Products litigation. He also serves as a primary litigator in many of the firm’s class action matters involving false advertising and product defects.
Mr. Edwards attended The University of Tennessee as an undergraduate, where he received his degree in political science and served as a field office intern for United States Senator and former Senate Majority Leader, Dr. Bill Frist.
After graduating from UT, Mr. Edwards was accepted into the Juris Doctor program at the Washburn University School of Law. He was awarded an academic merit scholarship after his first year of coursework, selected as the President of the Moot Court Counsel on Oral Advocacy, and chosen as a member of the Order of Barristers. He received his J.D. after graduating with Deans Honors in 2000.
Mr. Edwards has sat first chair in dozens of jury trials and successfully argued complex legal issues related to class certification in front of courts throughout the country. He has a reputation as one of the most knowledgeable litigators in the country with respect to class action damages and is frequently asked to speak to fellow lawyers with regard to class action damages models, most recently at Mass Torts Made Perfect in Las Vegas. Mr. Edwards has worked with numerous survey experts, marketing professionals, and economists to create robust damages models to support class certification in a variety of consumer product class actions cases. Recent examples include:
Brandi Price, et al. v. L’Oreal USA Inc., et al.; USDC S.D. N.Y. No. 1:17-CV-00614-LGS
Jeffrey Koenig, et al. v. Vizio, Inc.; Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, Case No. BC708866
Thomas Bailey, et al. v. Rite Aid Corporation; USDC N.D. Ca. No. 4:18-cv-06926-YGR
Mr. Edwards has been selected twice by fellow members of the Knoxville Bar as a “Top Attorney,” an honor described in CITYVIEW Magazine’s annual Top Attorney’s issue. He was also selected for membership into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an honor reserved for those trial lawyers who have secured a settlement or verdict in excess of one million dollars; less than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
He was additionally invited to join The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, an invitation-only group comprised of premier trial lawyers from each state or region who meet strict qualifications.
- J.D., Washburn University School of Law, 2000
- B.A., University of Tennessee
- State Courts of Tennessee
- Supreme Court of Tennessee
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth District
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Approved to practice in England and Wales by the Solicitors Regulation Authority