Alexandra M. Honeycutt began working with Milberg before her third and final year at the University of Tennessee College of Law. As president of the Environmental Law Organization, she learned about the opportunity through her friendship with Kelsey Davies and their shared passion for environmental reform and worker protection.
Ms. Honeycutt graduated in May 2021 and has continued to work with Milberg’s toxic tort team and, more recently, the class action team. She is passionate about toxic torts, environmental law, and consumer protection cases because, “so many corporations lack the requisite ethical standards necessary to ensure a sustainable future for our planet and its citizenry.”
While in law school, Ms. Honeycutt worked as a student intern with the Tennessee Court of Appeals under Judge McClarity. She later worked on a wrongful conviction team filing a post-conviction review for a defendant who was convicted and sentenced to death after having been denied his constitutional right to counsel. She was also recognized as a Leadership Inductee through Rocky Top President’s Institute.
Prior to joining Milberg, Ms. Honeycutt spent a year working with an Atlanta-based firm that specialized in taxation, real estate law, conservation land easements, securities, and related business transactions.
Before relocating to Knoxville, she worked as a naturalist and kayaking guide in Charleston, South Carolina, and later as a mixologist in Asheville, North Carolina. She enjoys rock climbing, hiking, gardening, and being outdoors. She has successfully summited Grand Teton, Half Dome, and small peaks in Patagonia.
- J.D., University of Tennessee College of Law, cum laude, 2021
- B.S., East Tennessee State University, magna cum laude, 2017
- Tennessee Supreme Court , (pending)
- LaPorte Scholarship
- Dean Doug Blaze Leadership Scholarship
- University of Tennessee Real Estate Law Scholarship
- Rocky Top President’s Institute for Leadership Inductee
- Recipient of 6 CALI Awards
- Legal Writing Fellow and Teaching Assistant
- National Environmental Law Moot Court Team
- 3L Class Representative for Student Bar Association
- Environmental Law Organization, President
- Native American Law Student Association, Secretary
- Student Council for Diversity and Inclusion, Treasurer