Mr. David Miceli began his litigation career over thirty year ago litigating medical malpractice and other complex cases. For the past twenty years, Mr. Miceli has devoted himself to litigating Mass Tort and Class Action, primarily representing persons injured by pharmaceutical and medical device products. Mr. Miceli has helped recover billions of dollars on behalf of thousands of consumers injured by drugs, devices, and dietary supplements marketed as safe but proven harmful or fatal to their users.
Currently, Mr. Miceli serves on the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee for the Taxotere multidistrict litigation. His experience includes leadership positions in various litigations and multidistrict litigations including Vioxx, Bextra, Celebrex, PPA, Ephedra, Baycol, Trasylol, Rezulin, Reglan, and Chantix.
Mr. Miceli filed one of the first Vioxx cases in the country and led the early discovery efforts against Merck & Co., Inc. He took many of the early and foundational depositions of critical Merck witnesses that were ultimately used in the bellwether trials and included in the MDL’s trial package. He also pioneered theories of discovery and trial presentation that ultimately led to a greater than $4 billion resolution plan. Mr. Miceli has traveled the world to conduct necessary discovery and to locate experts to build cases against some of the world’s largest and most powerful pharmaceutical companies.
With this experience, Mr. Miceli is often sought out to develop theories of liability and the expert knowledge and opinions to support successful litigation and resolution. He believes in the need to advocate for consumers harmed by defectively produced and marketed products. Without legal accountability for the harm caused by defectively produced and marketed products, consumers are at the mercy of those that produce and market the products we use every day.
Mr. Miceli has been invited to speak before state and national groups including The American Association for Justice (formerly The Association of Trial Lawyers of America), state and bar trial lawyer associations, law schools, among others.
Outside the office, Miceli loves spending time with his family and enjoying all things outdoors: hiking, hunting, fishing, and even yard work. He enjoys staying plugged in with his local community while cheering on his beloved, but often frustrating, Auburn Tigers.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Mass Torts Made Perfect
- AAJ (formerly known as ATLA)
- Forward Writer, A Hair’s Whisper: From Cancer to the Courtroom by Shirley Ledlie
In The Media
- “Winning Strategies: A Successful Appeal Defeating the Use of a ‘Trojan Horse’ Witness” – Interviewed by Allison Frankel with Reuters
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, 1991
- B.S., Auburn University, 1985
- Georgia, 1994
- Florida, 1992
- Alabama, 1992
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama, 1992
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama, 1992
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama, 2002
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, 1994
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia,
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals,
- Florida Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association