Attorney Luke Widener is passionate about amplifying the voices of the unheard and serving as an advocate for those who had none. He enjoys bringing the fight on behalf of his community against well-funded corporations and insurance companies. In 2014, Mr. Widener opened his own practice, representing clients in the Tri-Cities, Tennessee region in criminal defense, personal injury, and family law matters. Beginning in 2017, he represented employers in workers’ compensation and federal black lung claims at PennStuart in Bristol, Tennessee.
By 2020, Mr. Widener and his family relocated to Knoxville, and he began representing physicians, practice groups, long-term care facilities, and other health care entities in health care liability actions. He then transitioned to Milberg to continue his passion for representing everyday people with a focus on complex civil litigation, including environmental litigation, toxic torts, and medical malpractice.
Outside the office, Mr. Widener loves spending time outdoors with his wife and four kids, playing percussion, coaching youth football, attending Buffat Heights Baptist Church, and cheering on the Tennessee Vols.
- J.D., University of Mississippi School of Law, Cum Laude, 2014
- B.A., King University, Summa Cum Laude, 2011
- A.S., Virginia Highlands Community College, Cum Laude, 2009
- Virginia, 2016
- Western District of Virginia, 2018
- Tennessee, 2014
- Eastern District of Tennessee, 2020
- Middle District of Tennessee, 2020
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants