Marc D. Grossman graduated from The University of Michigan in 1989. After completing Brooklyn Law School and Baruch Business School’s J.D./M.B.A. program while interning at the Law Department of the United Nations, Mr. Grossman became an Associate and later a Partner in the law firm of Mergel, Tubman & Grossman in New York City. Mr. Grossman is also a Founding Partner of Sanders and Grossman P.C., and Baker Sanders Barshay Grossman Fass Muhlstock & Neuwirth, LLC, and a Senior Partner at Sanders, Sanders, Block, Woycik, Viener & Grossman, P.C. and Sanders Viener Grossman LLP.
Since beginning his law career in 1993, Mr. Grossman has focused primarily on representing large groups of plaintiffs against common defendants. After six years of practicing plaintiff’s personal injury in State and Federal Courts in New York and New Jersey, Mr. Grossman founded the law firm of Sanders and Grossman, P.C. in 1999 specifically to pursue claims for medical providers. This firm and its successors, grew dramatically under his leadership, and now represents thousands of medical providers litigating claims against insurance companies, and thousands of injury victims, and now employs over forty attorneys and one hundred and fifty support staff.
Marc Grossman had a vision of uniting the medical profession by affording them the opportunity to litigate nominal claims that were being written off by medical providers as un-collectible and had not previously been practical for most attorneys to litigate. By coordinating Discovery, utilizing the most up-to-date case management technology, recruiting top office administrators and trial attorneys, Mr. Grossman’s firm was able to greatly improve efficiencies throughout the litigation process and ultimately the viability of collecting these claims. By filing over 100,000 individual lawsuits, Mr. Grossman’s firms garnered the attention of the insurance industry and the medical profession in New York eventually leading to a series of mass settlements on behalf of his clients and recoveries in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
In just 2006 and 2007, Mr. Grossman’s firm personally litigated, negotiated, and recovered over $100 million for his medical provider clients. The unique experience Mr. Grossman garnered as an innovator and leader in the mass settlement of medical claims and mass torts made him a leader in his field in negotiating and obtaining large recoveries. Most recently, Mr. Grossman has represented hundreds of injured clients in lead paint litigations, asbestos litigations, mold litigations, and thousands of victims of defective drugs and products.
Mr. Grossman received recognition litigating Vioxx cases in New Jersey Superior Court where he served as a liaison to the media as a member of the Vioxx PSC’s Public Relations Committee, and as a liaison for the Committee to many financial institutions and governmental agencies, offering a common voice for the hundreds of attorneys handling such cases and the tens of thousands of victims they represent. These efforts and the hard work of many other relentless attorneys ultimately led Merck to agree to one of the largest Civil Settlements in American History for $4.85 Billion. In December 2010, Marc Grossman was nominated and invited to join both The Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the Executive Committee of ATLA. Mr Grossman is also a member of the Mass Tort Trial Lawyers Association and the Leaders Forum of the American Association of Justice.
Marc Grossman has actively litigated for other large groups of plaintiffs in the following matters:
- In Re: Avandia Marketing, Sales Practices And Products Liability Litigation
- In Re: New York Bextra and Celebrex Product Liability Litigation in New York’s Supreme Court, New York County;
- Case No. 273, In Re: Bextra and Celebrex Litigation, Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic County;
- Oxycontin Litigation in New York’s Supreme Court, Richmond County;
- MDL-1708, In Re Guidant Corp. Implantable Defibrillators Products Liability Litigation in Minnesota;
- MDL-1699, In Re Bextra and Celebrex Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation in California;
- MDL-1742, In Re Ortho Evra Products Liability Litigation in Ohio;
- MDL-1789, In Re Fosamax Products Liability Litigation in New York;
- MDL-1804, In Re Stand ‘N Seal, Products Liability Litigation where one of Mr. Grossman’s firms serves on the PSC. Marc’s firm is also a court appointed member of the plaintiffs steering committee in the following mass tort litigations:
In Re Avandia, In Re Chantix, In Re Zicam, In Re Zimmer Knee, In Re Fosamax, and the New Jersey State Court Coordination of Levaquin. Mr. Grossman’s firm is co-lead in the NY Chantix Coordination and the New Jersey Reglan Coordination, as well as Risperdal in California, all Transvaginal Mesh PSC, and Propecia Coordination.
After an $8 million verdict in Boles v. Merck for a victim of Fosamax, along with co-counsel Paul J. Sizemore, Marc Grossman led the Trial Team in Rosenberg v. Merck which was the first bellwether New Jersey Trial in Atlantic County Superior Court, where Marc expects to be trying many more Fosamax cases over the next few years. Mr. Grossman has become well known as a speaker and host of approximately twenty educational seminars designed to educate victims, the medical community, and other attorneys.
In The Media
Marc Grossman has been quoted and has appeared in numerous local and national forums and in the media as a legal commentator and advocate of victims rights against the corporate greed that plagues our nation.
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1989
- J.D., Brooklyn School of Law,
- MBA, Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College,
- New York,
- New Jersey,
- Board of Directors, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Executive Committee, ATLA
- Member, Mass Tort Trial Lawyer Association
- Leaders Forum, American Association of Justice