Robert Wallner is a Partner at Milberg and has litigated complex securities, consumer, and antitrust class actions throughout the country.
Mr. Wallner has served on the editorial board of Securities Litigation Report, as a faculty member of the American Bar Association’s First Annual National Institute on Securities Litigation and Arbitration, and as a member of the Federal Courts Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
He has been recognized in Lawdragon’s “100 Lawyers You Need to Know in Securities Litigation” and as a New York Super Lawyer from 2009-2023.
Mr. Wallner received his B.A. degree from the University of Pennsylvania in 1976 graduating magna cum laude. He attended New York University School of Law, earning his J.D. degree in 1979. He was elected to the law school’s Order of the Coif and served as an editor of the NYU Law Review.
Mr. Wallner is admitted to practice in New York.
Mr. Wallner currently represents:
- Auto dealerships in a major antitrust MDL against the two leading providers of auto dealer management systems, CDK Global, LLC and The Reynolds & Reynolds Company, In re Dealer Management Systems Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2817 (N.D. Ill.)
- Plaintiffs in pharmaceutical antitrust litigation, Series 17-03-615, a designated series of MSP Recovery Claims, Series LLC. v. Express Scripts, Inc. (N.D. Ill.)
- A local government in litigation alleging violations of the Fair Housing Act, County of Cook v. Wells Fargo & Co. (N.D. Ill.)
Mr. Wallner has represented investors in:
- In re Merck & Co., Inc. Securities Litigation (D.N.J.) – resulted in a $1.062 billion recovery
- In re Initial Public Offering Securities Litigation (S.D.N.Y)
- In re CMS Energy Corporation Securities Litigation (E.D. Mich.)
- In re Deutsche Telekom AG Securities Litigation (S.D.N.Y.)
- Mr. Wallner has also represented plaintiffs in lawsuits arising out of the Madoff Ponzi scheme, including the court-appointed litigation trustee of two Madoff “feeder funds”
Mr. Wallner has successfully represented consumers in:
- In re Synthroid Marketing Litigation” (N.D. Ill.)
- Mercedes-Benz Tire Litigation (D.N.J.)
- J.D., New York University, 1979
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1976
- New York, 1980
- Super Lawyers, 2009-2023
- Securities Litigation Report, Editorial Board
- American Bar Association's First Annual National Institute, Faculty Member
- Federal Courts Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member