Roy Shimon is a Partner in Milberg’s New York City office with a primary focus on complex litigation involving securities fraud, antitrust violations, predatory mortgage lending, and breach of fiduciary duty. His clients include county governments, municipalities, investment management groups, and institutional and individual investors.
Mr. Shimon oversees the firm’s Associate Development and Mentoring Programs.
Mr. Shimon graduated cum laude from Franklin & Marshall College, where he played soccer and rugby and was inducted into the Pi Sigma Alpha and Alpha Kappa Delta National Honor Societies. He received his J.D. from St. John’s University School of Law in 2006, where he served on the Executive Board of the Moot Court Honor Society and as Vice President of the Entertainment & Sports Law Society.
From 2014-2017, he was recognized by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in the New York Metro area.
Notable Cases & Leadership Roles
- Served on Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In re Liquid Aluminum Sulfate Antitrust Litigation (D.N.J.) – antitrust settlement exceeding $100 million
- Co-Lead counsel in Zynga Inc. Securities Litigation (N.D. Cal.) – securities fraud settlement of $23 million
- Co-Lead counsel in In re PLX Tech. Inc. S’holder Litigation (Del. Ch.) – stockholder recovery of $14.1 million
- Co-Lead counsel in In re Hansen Medical, Inc. S’holder Litigation (Cal. Sup. Ct.) – stockholder recovery of $7.5 million
- Co-Lead counsel in Shanehchian, et al. v. Macy’s Inc. (S.D. Ohio) – employee investor recovery of $8.5 million
- Co-Lead counsel in In re Popular Inc. ERISA Litigation (D.P.R.) – employee investor recovery of $8.2 million
- J.D., St. John's University School of Law, 2006
- B.A., Franklin & Marshall College, cum laude, 2003
- New York, 2007
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2014-2017)